KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
Founded in 1969, The Moorings started with only six yacht in the BVI. In just over 50 years The Moorings has revolutionised the charter industry, as well as available ownership options.
• 5000+ owners worldwide to date
• 50% of owners repeat the Yacht Ownership programme
• 830 approx. employees globally
• 840 approx. yachts in our fleet
• 20+ of the most exquisite destinations worldwide
• Yachts built by renowned builders such as Jeanneau, Beneteau, Lagoon and Leopard (Robertson and Caine)
We are renowned for delivering sailing and yachting holidays and creating consistently great sailing holidays for customers. All of our bases are staffed with employees trained to the highest of standards in customer service and technical expertise for maintenance and upkeep of your yacht.
In addition, these local managers are supervised by country and regional managers, all reporting to the Vice President of Operations. Our staff also includes experts in distribution and yield management, which is controlled by Travelopia, and not by a third party.
Why is this important? Maximizing occupancy is not only good, but integral to the success of our commitment to owners, making guaranteed revenue payments, investments in infrastructure and maintenance of the yachts.
Travelopia owns the maintenance yard and hauling facility in the BVI. Having the ability to control maintenance costs as well as being able to haul the yachts on site, especially catamarans, for their annual maintenance and emergency repairs, is very important.
The Moorings and Sunsail are part of Travelopia Group, the world’s largest collection of specialist travel brands. Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector.
As part of Travelopia, Sunsail and The Moorings are by far the most financially strong sailing charter company in the World. Travelopia is owned by leading global investment firm KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co L.P.) which was founded in 1976. Headquartered in New York, the global firm has offices in 20 cities in 16 countries across 5 continents, including a large office in London.
KKR is currently invested in over 100 companies across the globe in many different sectors including leisure. It means that we benefit from the breadth and expertise of the entire firm, financial and operational experience.
We offer more expertise, boat models, and history than most other charter companies combined. When you partner with The Moorings and Sunsail as an owner, you are working with a company with unmatched financial strength. Your deposit is secure with us.
7 figures about KKR (source https://www.kkr.com)
• Founded in 1976
• Over 130 billion dollars cash generated from its inception
• Over 400 private equity transactions completed with ~$630 billion of total enterprise value (as of June 30, 2020)
• 234 billion dollars assets under management (as of September 30, 2020)
• 100+ portfolio companies that generate ~$183 billion in annual revenues
• 818,000 people employed worldwide by KKR private equity (as of December 2019)
Share Price Information
The graphic below shows the increase of the share price of 306% from 2016 to 2021 and notwithstanding Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 KKR increased its stock price of +30% from February 2020 to February 2021.